SMALL BUSINESS WEB DESIGN PACKAGES
Get found on Google, target your ideal customers and turn browsers into buyers.
Struggling with an outdated site that doesn’t actively attract the people you want to work with? Or maybe there’s no site at all? You’re MIA online. Let me take care of every aspect of establishing or refining your online presence, from writing the words and figuring out the perfect look and layout, to incorporating solid SEO strategies and launching the entire thing online.
Remember: your website isn’t a glorified business card. It’s a 24/7 sales employee working on your behalf. I blend 10+ years of copywriting and marketing experience with modern design and development to give you a site that looks good AND turns just-looking browsers into delighted customers and clients.
- In-depth research into your clients, business, story, needs and goals.
- Clear, conversational website content that appeals to the people you most want to work with, and closes more sales.
- Keyword research and on-page SEO to help you get found in the search engines.
- A simple, modern website design that impresses potential clients, captures your individuality, and enhances your credibility.
- A responsive WordPress website that works on all major mobile devices, tablets and browsers.
- Essential plugin installation and setup, including contact forms, to make using your website easier for you and your visitors.
- Inclusion of Google Analytics and Webmaster tools, so you can track visitor numbers and search performance.
- Integration of a blog and/or mailing list.
- Web hosting recommendations and help setting up a new domain, or transferring an existing domain.
- Personalised WordPress training, so you can feel confident about keeping your site updated and secure in the future.
- Email support throughout the whole process, plus a check-in three months after your site has gone live.
Graham Smith, Paulownia NZ
How it works:
You introduce yourself and tell me about your project. We schedule a time for a free, no-obligation chat by phone or Skype, or we can communicate entirely by email.
Once I’ve got a clear picture of what you’re after, you’ll receive a written quote outlining the scope of our work together, along with a timeframe and contract.
We talk more – about your business, your clients, your background and your goals. This research ensures that I’m fully immersed in your business, so the website I build both represents you and speaks to the people you most want to work with.
I roll up my sleeves and get to work on your new website. You’ll receive regular updates by email, and you’ll also be able to review your site as it comes together and suggest changes/edits.
You sign off on the final design and we unveil your new online presence to the world. You’ll receive all your login details and if you’re unfamiliar with WordPress, we’ll schedule a short training session.
Three months after we go live, I’ll be back in touch to find out how your site is working out. If necessary, I’ll make any minor tweaks or changes.
Sharon Southern, Waoku Lodge
My small business web design packages are perfect for you if:
- You’re a small business owner, service provider, professional or freelancer.
- You’ve poured time and money into your current website only to see virtually nothing in return – it isn’t booking clients or business.
- You don’t have the time, energy, or patience to learn how to build your own website.
- You’ve attempted to DIY your own website before but you’re done fiddling with templates and fretting over the words on your home page.
- You resist handing out your website address because your current site is outdated, underperforming and maybe even a little embarrassing.
- You want to put your entire project into the hands of someone you can trust and then be able to breathe easy, without having to worry about missed deadlines, a blown-out budget or a disappointing end product.
Questions? I’ve got answers:
Do you provide hosting services?
Not directly, but I will help you get set up with a reliable, reputable service. I ask all my clients to secure their own domain name/s and hosting plans. This means the billing goes direct to you, and you have full access to your accounts (and hosting support) at all times. Once your new site is up and running, I’ll provide you with admin access. This enables you to log in and make changes, such as posting a new blog post, updating photos or editing contact details.
Do you design my website from scratch?
I use a WordPress theme (a collection of files that define the overall structure and look of your website) to form the framework for your website. I then customise this theme to suit your specific goals, content, brand and audience. Using a theme cuts down the time involved in designing and developing your site, which in turn reduces the amount of money it costs you. You’ll still get a look, style and story that’s unique to you, but it’ll be minus the hefty price of a completely custom design.
Will my site be mobile-responsive?
Absolutely. Your site will be simple to navigate with easy-to-read content on mobiles, i-Phones, tablets, laptops and desktops.
Do you provide SEO services?
To help you rank highly in Google, I’ll ensure that your site is easy to navigate, fast loading and designed to the latest web standards. I’ll also provide on-page SEO for each page of your website. This means I’ll carry out keyword analysis to see which phrases people are using to search for your particular services, and then I’ll weave these phrases into the page content and the meta data (this is the information that Google crawls to determine your website relevance for a particular search). Take a read of this post – How To Optimise Your Website For SEO And Rank Higher in Google – for a more in-depth look at my SEO services.
Will I be able to make changes to my website once it’s live?
Your website will be built on WordPress. This is a content management system that allows you (or your team) to make immediate updates, without the need for in-depth training or fancy coding. Simply log in, update text, add new photos, create new pages, write a blog post and press publish. It really is that easy! Never used WordPress before? Not a problem, I can include a short training session once your website is live.
Will I be able to view my website before it goes live?
You certainly will. I’ll design your website online but in a way that keeps it hidden from public view until it’s finalised and you’ve approved the design. This means you’ll be able to view the site and make any suggestions, before we go live.
How does your process work? Will we have to meet in person?
I work remotely with clients all over New Zealand. When we first get started we can either schedule a chat by phone or Skype, or we can communicate entirely by email (you choose whichever contact method you feel most comfortable with). Once your web design project gets underway, you’ll receive regular updates by email, and you’ll also be able to review your site as it comes together and suggest changes/edits.
Is there anything that isn’t included in your small business web design package pricing?
The following aren’t included: Images for your site. You will need to supply your own images, or alternatively, we can source stock photos (stock photos may incur a per-photo charge). E-commerce capabilities. More extensive graphic design services (like the design of a new logo). Web hosting and domain name registration costs.
How long will it take?
I usually aim for two to four weeks from start to launch, but this really depends on the size and scope of your project. Bear in mind too, that your input into this process is vital. Although I handle the vast majority of the workload, you will be the main source of information. Expect to spend a few hours at the start of the project answering questions and pulling together any necessary resources like testimonials and photos. I’ll also ask for your feedback as we work through the design and development of your site.
When are you available to begin?
Please contact me to check my current availability and reserve your start date.
Ready to get started?
Use the form below to tell me a little about your business. I’ll then be back in touch to schedule a time for a free, 30-minute phone or Skype chat, or to find out more about your business via email.
Got a question about my services? Email me at: email@example.com